Quick Start Guide
Welcome to Satellite Plugins by Mixed In Key! A one-of-a-kind tool that allows users to collaborate on audio projects within their own DAW and without having to export, bounce or send any files.
Here’s how to get started:
1. Open or start a project in your DAW that you want to collaborate on.
2. Once you have something to share with your collaborators open “Satellite Sessions” as a MIDI Instrument on a new channel in your DAW.
3. To share audio, add “Satellite Audio” plugins as audio effects anywhere you want to share audio. This can be on an audio channel, drum buss, or even on your DAWs master out.
4. The upload cloud is red and pre-selected, just playback within your DAW any audio you want to share, this uploads the track for your collaborators to hear.
5. To share MIDI, add “Satellite MIDI” to a new, blank MIDI channel.
6. The upload cloud is red and pre-selected. Any MIDI played on the Satellite MIDI channel will be instantly captured inSatellite Sessions. Once uploaded, it is available for all collaborators to download into their own DAW.
7. You can also route MIDI directly from instruments and external MIDI devices. The exact methodology varies between DAWs, so refer to the appropriate supporting guide here (LINK TO routing guides)
8. Your captured MIDI will now be visible, but greyed out in Satellite Sessions. To listen to it within Satellite Sessions, press the keyboard icon next to the stem name and select a playback instrument.
9. Click the Invite icon on the top right of the plugin to find your Invite ID to share with your collaborators.
10. Once your collaborators have joined the session and uploaded audio or MIDI, it’ll appear within an instant in your Satellite Sessions plugin.
11. You can export audio out of Satellite Sessions by clicking and dragging on the down arrow in the top right corner of the audio WAVs.
12. You can also select segments of audio and Mute. Or, if it’s your own audio/MIDI, delete by right-clicking or just hitting delete.
This is just the start of what is capable within Satellite Plugins – make some great music with it and feel free to drop us a line if you have any feedback or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org