1. Install Pilot Plugins on your Mac, if you require a downlink link please visit our download site.
2. Open Ableton Live and locate Pilot Plugins from your plugins browser. If you are on Windows, then choose VST. Mac users can choose either the Audio Unit version (AU) or the VST version.
3. Drag Pilot Melody, Pilot Bass or Pilot Arpeggio to a MIDI channel. You can drop Pilot anywhere on the channel.
4. After you have entered your VIP code and activated Pilot, choose whether to use Captain Chords Epic or Pilot Plugins as the chord source.
If you wish to use Captain Chords Epic as the chord source, add Captain Chords Epic to the Ableton Live project prior to adding any of the Pilot Plugins instances.
Once you are happy with your created MIDI, drag the EXPORT MIDI region to the same Ableton Live channel, either to a Clip Slot, or by pressing Tab and dragging the MIDI clip to the same channel in the Arrangement view.
6. In Pilot, turn on Play From DAW. This means Ableton Live is now triggering the notes and Pilot is only outputting the sound.
7. If you prefer to work in audio, you can click-then-drag as an audio file to an audio channel inside Ableton Live from the RENDER AUDIO section.
Similar to MIDI, you can drag to either a Clip Slot or the Arrangement view.
The solution for this issue is different for Mac and Windows, please see below instructions for each platform.
After adding MIDI or audio to your DAW you must turn on the option within Pilot ‘Play From Plugin’.
The ‘Regenerate’ feature is not available for all styles at present, but we will be adding it to more Styles soon.
Ensure you are connected to a good quality internet connection, this is required while using Pilot Plugins. If you have an internet connection but the message remains, try disabling your antivirus and/or firewall temporarily to check if they are blocking the connection. If the issue is still present, try connecting to a cellular connection. Some routers have built-in firewalls that can block the connection, using a cellular connection will negate this blockage.
You can set the Captain Chords Epic instance which will provide chord information to Pilot from within Pilot’s settings panel. The option is found within the ‘Connected To’ drop down menu.