1. Install Pilot Plugins on your Mac, if you require a downlink link please visit our download site.
2. Open Logic Pro and choose to add a new Software Instrument.
3. From the AU Instruments menu go to Mixed In Key and choose Pilot Melody (or Pilot Bass/Pilot Arpeggio).
4. Choose whether to use Captain Chords Epic or Pilot Plugins as the chord source. If you wish to use Captain Chords Epic as the chord source, add Captain Chords Epic to the Logic Pro project prior to adding any of the Pilot Plugins instances.
5. Once you are happy with your created MIDI, drag the EXPORT MIDI region to the same Logic Pro channel and turn on Play From DAW. If you prefer, you can click then drag as an audio region to an audio channel inside Logic Pro from RENDER AUDIO.
6. Pilot Plugins can also be used as a MIDI FX plugin in Logic Pro. This allows you to trigger your favorite 3rd party software instruments using the generated MIDI from within Pilot. Click on the MIDI FX insert on your instrument’s channel, choose Audio Units > Mixed In Key > Pilot Melody (Bass or Arpeggio).
This is usually caused by a setting in Logic Pro, which only activates plugins which are required for Playback. Logic Pro deems Pilot as not required for Playback, and therefore keeps instances of Pilot disabled until you click on their respective channels.
To remedy this, go to File > Project Settings > General and untick the option ‘Only load plugins needed for project playback’.
After adding MIDI or audio to your DAW you must turn on the option within Pilot ‘Play From Plugin’.
The ‘Regenerate’ feature is not available for all styles at present, but we will be adding it to more Styles soon.
Ensure you are connected to a good quality internet connection, this is required while using Pilot Plugins. If you have an internet connection but the message remains, try disabling your antivirus and/or firewall temporarily to check if they are blocking the connection. If the issue is still present, try connecting to a cellular connection. Some routers have built-in firewalls that can block the connection, using a cellular connection will negate this blockage.
You can set the Captain Chords Epic instance which will provide chord information to Pilot from within Pilot’s settings panel. The option is found within the ‘Connected To’ drop down menu.