1. Install Pilot Plugins on your Mac, if you require a downlink link please visit our download site.
2. Open FL Studio and locate Pilot Plugins by pressing + on the Channel Rack and choosing More Plugins. If you are on Windows, then double click on VST. Mac users can double click on either the Audio Unit version (AU) or the VST version.
Remember to add each Pilot Plugin to your Favorites at this point, for quick access in future, by clicking on the star next to the plugin name.
3. After you have entered your VIP code and activated Pilot, choose whether to use Captain Chords Epic or Pilot Plugins as the chord source.
If you wish to use Captain Chords Epic as the chord source, add Captain Chords Epic to the FL Studio project prior to adding any of the Pilot Plugins instances.
4. By Default, FL Studio loops around 1 bar, but Pilot loops around 4 bars. To fix this, increase the Channel Rack’s step sequencer value to 64.
5. Once you are happy with your created MIDI, drag the EXPORT MIDI region to the same Channel Rack channel.
6. In Pilot, turn on Play From DAW. This means FL Studio is now triggering the notes and Pilot is only outputting the sound.
7. If you prefer to work in audio, you can click-then-drag as an audio file to an channel inside FL Studio’s Arrangement Window from the EXPORT AUDIO section.
After adding MIDI or audio to your DAW you must turn on the option within Pilot ‘Play From Plugin’.
The ‘Regenerate’ feature is not available for all styles at present, but we will be adding it to more Styles soon.
See step 4 in the guide above.
Ensure you are connected to a good quality internet connection, this is required while using Pilot Plugins. If you have an internet connection but the message remains, try disabling your antivirus and/or firewall temporarily to check if they are blocking the connection. If the issue is still present, try connecting to a cellular connection. Some routers have built-in firewalls that can block the connection, using a cellular connection will negate this blockage.
You can set the Captain Chords Epic instance which will provide chord information to Pilot from within Pilot’s settings panel. The option is found within the ‘Connected To’ drop down menu.